Medicaid/CHIP Enrollment Instructions

In the state of Texas, a new Medicaid and CHIP enrollment program began in late 2011 and ended on Feb. 10, 2012. If you enrolled your children during that period, they should now have a “Main Dentist” where they will get all their dental benefits. If you did not request a “Main Dentist”, and you were assigned one through the program, that will be where your children will get their benefits.

However, if you would like to change, and have your children seen at South Texas Dental, you can simply call the Dental Plan you were assigned to (DentaQuest or MCNA) at one of the following numbers, and just give them the South Texas Dental office, office phone number and the “Main Dentist’s” name that you want to switch to. You can get all that information quickly and easily by following Instruction #2 below.

Toll-free Phone Numbers to Call to Change your “Main Dentist”

  • Dentaquest – Medicaid: 800-516-0165
    CHIP: 800-508-6775
  • MCNA – Medicaid or CHIP: 855-691-6262

Finally, if your child is qualified to become a new Medicaid or CHIP patient, and you have not enrolled in the program yet, if you wish to choose a South Texas Dental dentist as your main dentist, you can enroll by following these 3 simple steps.

1. Pick a Dental Plan

There are two plans to choose from — DentaQuest and MCNA — and the details are included with the enrollment forms. South Texas Dental participates in both plans, so you will be able to get your full benefits here, no matter which one you choose.

2. Pick a Main Dentist

To start with, you must choose a South Texas Dental office (for example, South Texas Dental-Greens Rd.), and then pick a dentist by name at that office and finally give them the office phone number. You can get all that information by following either step below. If you’re filling out the forms, add this information in the space provided, and if you’re calling to change your Main Dentist, just give them the information when you call. Remember, you cannot just say “South Texas Dental.” You must name a specific office and specific dentist. But once you’ve enrolled or switched, you can simply come in and see any dentist in that office. Here are two easy ways to find a South Texas Dental office, phone number and Main Dentist to use on the forms

Find a “Main Dentist” at our Locations page – If you click on this Locations link, it will take you to a full list of our offices. Pick the office location that’s most convenient for you, and then click on the blue “Main Dentists” button next to that office. Pick any dentist’s name from that list, and fill it in on the enrollment form as your child’s Main Dentist.

Find a “Main Dentist” by calling or visiting any South Texas Dental office

3. Mail in your completed forms, or enroll by phone

Once you’ve chosen your Dental Plan and your “Main Dentist’s” name, you can either fill out the forms and mail them in, or you can use the information to enroll by phone by calling:

  • Medicaid: 1-800-964-2777
  • CHIP: 1-800-647-6558

If you have any questions at all, please call or visit any South Texas Dental office.

We accept patients of all ages in the Medicaid and CHIP program in the following cities and surrounding areas:

We Accept  
  •  Medicaid
  •  CHIP
  •  Most Insurance
  •  Cash
  •  Credit Cards
  •  CareCredit